Ab Initio Developers
DCKAP has performed Ab Initio Implementations for Fortune 500 clients. Our Abinitio Consultants perform onsite visits, execute a thorough analysis, provide recommendations based on our findings, and perform end to end implementations. Besides providing Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, our consultants have performed ETL Ab-Initio, and Unix/Database custom scripts for the design and development of full lifecycle terabyte class size Data Warehouses. We have utilized Ab-Initio suite to design, and build scalable architectures addressing parallelism, data integration, ETL, data repositories, and analytics, while developing heavily parallel CPU bound ETL process jobs in a dynamic, high-volume environment.
Our teams have designed as well as deployed well-tuned Ab-Initio graphs (Generic and Custom) for ODS/DSS instance in both Windows, and UNIX environments. We have executed data migration programs between databases such as; Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, and PC file formats. We have also added enhancements to existing applications according to regulatory requirements.
Our Ab Initio Services
- Implementation of extract, transformation, and load processes using Ab Initio as an ETL tool
- Create (MFS) Multi-files, offering the user the ability to centrally control the distributed data files. This also provides scalability, and the kinds of access patterns that parallel applications require in the implementation process
- Develop complex transformations according to various business requirements in order to produce new fields on the output
- Develop Complex Ab Initio graphs using various components such as Reformat, Join, Roll-up, and Filter by Expression, Sort to facilitate cataloging flat files into EDS Data Hub. The components used rely on the various business requirements
- Perform data cleansing and data validation while creating Ab Initio graphs by using inquiry and error functions such as; is_valid, is_defined, is_error, and is_null. The string functions and decimal functions are performed through various concepts for instance; string_trim, string_concat, string_substring, decimal_strip, and decimal_lpad
- Deploy Ab Initio graphs and ran them through Ad Hoc server for adhoc jobs
- Develop ETL mappings from source systems to target database using Ab Initio.
- Ab Initio Data Profiler for examining the data available in an existing database and collecting statistics and information about that data.