This year (2012) Magneto released 220.127.116.11 versions, Magento Preview Version CE 18.104.22.168-beta1 was released on March 2nd, 2012, but it was not a security release so it would not be used in a production environment. The Version CE 22.214.171.124-beta1 is packed with new features, improvements, changes and bug fixes.
Not leaving much gap, the release of Magento Community Preview Version 126.96.36.199-RC1 happened on March 28, 2012.
Finally Magento Version CE 188.8.131.52 released on April 24, 2012, Magento Enterprise 1.12 and Community 1.7 now available with the recent enhancements to the powerful eCommerce offerings help merchants provide a more personalized shopping experience for their customers.
If you’re already a Magento Enterprise customer, you can immediately access the new 1.12 release in the My Account section. And Magento developers can access the new Community edition by clicking here.
Release Notes – Magento Version CE 184.108.40.206 (Apr 24, 2012)
• Added additional placeholders for extension developers
• Upgraded TinyMCE to v3.4.7
• Added the ability to translate action array parameter nodes in the layout.xml
• Added the functionality for cleaning old cache files by cron tasks
• Refactored rules-based modules
Release Notes – Magento Version CE 220.127.116.11-RC1 (Mar 28, 2012)
• Different base prices for customer groups
• Automatic generation of multiple coupon codes for a single promotion
• Backup and Rollback functionality
• VAT ID validation for B2B sales in Europe
• New price range layered navigation algorithm
• HTML5 based theme for mobile devices
Release Notes – Magento 18.104.22.168-beta1 (Mar 2, 2012)
• Added support for using custom currency symbols
• Improved customer address handling using PayPal Express checkout
• Refactored escaping functionality used with translations
• Implemented front-end cookies restriction functionality
• Added ability to turn off/on IP Tracking
• Provided logic to disable ACL resources through configuration files