BackgroundPDC Solutions, a prominent global healthcare solution provider was experiencing issues in order processing of B2B customer as it involved very complex business logics behind. To resolve this issues, the client undertook an initiative to migrate the existing application to a new ecommerce platform. The key drivers for the platform migration included:
- Inability of the platform to scale up to support the increasing customer base.
- Inability of the platform to handle complexities and satisfy the new requirements of its business.
- Reducing the total cost of ownership of the platform
- Improving the capability to handle business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Lack of reusability of the products into the system
DCKAP SolutionDCKAP as a part of the engagement with PDC used the enterprise ecommerce application to handle the challenges and provide the best solution for a long term.
- Multiple user accounts within the same B2B customer group.
- Unique features and promotions for B2B customers.
- Customer organization specific product catalog.
- Quick ordering facilities for users by enabling one click process.
- Automate the synchronization process between ecommerce application and their ERP systems.
- Using of same shipping address, among different users of an institution during checkout.
- Re-ordering of the previous orders are easy.
- To fetch customer specific products of their ERP accounts.
- Managing the cross reference of their competitor products.
Technical ChallengesThere were many technical challenges to be addressed during the migration process.
- Migration of the existing data into the new ecommerce application.
- Fetching of product price based on each business accounts.
- Calculating the shipping price and methods for each business accounts.
- Integration of ecommerce application data into their ERP system.
- Improving the performance of the application.
- Managing multiple accounts for single user.
- Splitting of single order into multiple shipment.
- Switching of pricing based on the customer account for a single user.
- Mapping of competitor products into their products.
Business ImpactAfter the complete migration into the new ecommerce application, below impact was created to the client,
- Increased online sales and retaining the existing customers.
- Reduced the over head cost on order management.
- Increased the visitors to the application.
- Multiple users can order for the same institution with the same price.