Connectivity is an amazing gift. The world today is one giant network with desktops, mobiles and various other devices/applications connected with each other. We are connected to the world like never before.
How does this happen? How does data move between these devices/applications allowing us to place an order, make a restaurant reservation or book a flight ticket? The unsung hero behind this network is API – Application Programming Interface.
An application programming interface (API) is a particular set of rules (‘code’) and specifications that software programs can follow to communicate with each other.
Well in plain English it means API is a messenger that takes requests from you and tells the system what has to be done and then returns the response to you.
CLORAS, the P21 – eCommerce Connector (API)
Epicor P21 is a popular ERP solution for wholesale distributors. When Epicor P21 is integrated or connected with an eCommerce platform like Magento, Shopify Plus or BigCommerce, it enables the distributor to increase sales, reach new customers, and shorten sales cycles of their products and services. It helps to transform their website into a tool to grow business, drive revenue, and nurture relationships.
Wholesale Distributors are aggressively embracing the e-commerce channel. Distributors see the need for e-commerce and are advancing toward growth and maturity. This e-commerce offensive by distributors could be a disruptive change for distribution.
Distributors also have some challenges in implementing/using their ERP and/or eCommerce solutions.
It is here that CLORAS comes into the picture.
DCKAP has developed an agile, robust and scalable API service, CLORAS (Cloud Rapid Automation System), that connects Epicor P21 with popular eCommerce platforms like Magento, Shopify Plus, BigCommerce, and more.
CLORAS is user-friendly. It’s quick and easy to implement. It integrates Epicor P21 and eCommerce platforms, enables you to map data fields, provides insights on transactions that happen in your eCommerce store, and more.
Your entries in P21 is updated automatically in your eCommerce store and vice versa. The data in your eCommerce store and Epicor P21 will be in sync.
Web Services supported by CLORAS for P21
- Create Customer (Company) – Creates a new customer (company) in P21 if there is a new registration in your eCommerce store.
- Create Contact – Creates contacts under already existing companies.
- Update Customer: Updates customer data (Address, Contact Information and more) from P21 to Magento, or any other eCommerce platform, and vice versa.
- Create Order: Creates Orders in P21 using the CLORAS scheduler.
- Create Quote: Create quotes in P21 if Quote feature is available in your eCommerce store.
- Products Management: P21 ERP will be the source of truth as for as the data is concerned. Changes made to the products in P21 will be reflected in your eCommerce store.
- Inventory Management: Like Product Management, Inventory maintained in P21 will be automatically updated in your eCommerce store.
- Dynamic Pricing: Maintains and displays dynamic customer contract pricing based on different customer segments.
- Update Invoice & Shipments: Updates the status of the order regarding invoice and shipment, enabling the customer to to track the order from the website easily.
- Fetch Credit: Displays credit limit to the customer purchasing through the website and ensures that the limit is not exceeded.
CLORAS brings you a unique mix of technical expertise, a deep understanding of distribution business processes and an understanding of the P21 ERP system.
Join us at P21WWUG CONNECT 2019
With CLORAS, you can ensure that your business runs more efficiently with faster and more accurate data processing.
DCKAP is exhibiting at P21WWUG CONNECT 2019-Booth #304. We are looking forward to welcoming you at our booth for a hands-on demo of CLORAS – a cloud-based connector that seamlessly integrates your eCommerce platform with P21.