Have you ever wondered why not many eCommerce websites have an Amazon-like, one-click checkout process? It’s because Amazon has had held the patent for the process for almost ten years now. The only way, for eCommerce companies to stay competitive, was to license the method from Amazon. Nevertheless, things have changed now because the patent has expired and every eCommerce platform is striving hard to facilitate their customers. That said, Magento has made this feature as a standard in its latest release – Magento Version 2.2.2.
What is Instant Purchase?
Magento has defined the feature as Instant Purchase and this allows the customer to place the order in seconds without going through full checkout process making things much easier and faster. The instance purchase option used previously stored information such as shipping address, payment method, and delivery address. The stored information is retrieved in the event of an instant purchase. This feature provides a seamless shopping experience.
Instance Purchase takes the form of a button on every product page and when the customers click on it, the system places their order using the default shipping address, billing address and stored payment method. Upon placing the order, the user would receive a pop-up notification from the notification area.
How does it work?
The new Instant Purchase feature provides returning customers with a faster checkout experience by using previously-stored payment credentials and shipping information to skip checkout steps. When a customer selects the “Instant Purchase” button on a product detail page, they are immediately taken to a confirmation page where they can place the order. There’s no need to enter their address, payment information, or shipping preference and everything is taken care by Magento itself.
Steps to activate Instant Purchase
- Go to the Magento backend.
- Choose stores → configuration → sales → sales.
- Select Instant Purchase.
- Set “yes” in the enabled drop-down list.
- Finally, click on Save config.
Steps at the customer’s side
- The customer should create an account with default shipping and billing address.
- During the very first purchase, customers would want to save their credit card information by clicking the “Save for later use” checkbox.
- The payment method saved can be viewed, or deleted, in the Stored payment methods section.
- The Instant Purchase button will be enabled in product detail page.
- Clicking on the Instant Purchase button will open up a pop of menu with already stored shipping and billing address, payment method, and shipping method. Clicking on Ok should place the order easily.
- Hence the order is placed right from the product detail page itself.
Hope the above process was useful.
250,000 Online Stores prefer to use Magento as their eCommerce platform. Implement your eCommerce store with our Magento services. Get in touch.