Magento, being the most loved and followed e-store platform, it is necessary that you know how to keep your Magento designed store secure as part of your Magento development services
Retail businesses need technology to operate and compete efficiently. As retailers go online and omni-channels, its dependence on IT grows too. Magento is one of the preferred eCommerce platforms for the B2C and B2B marketplaces.
It is a challenge to maintain a complex IT environment like Magento Enterprise with other CMS solutions, Marketing automation systems, and ERP solutions, along with its many extensions/modules. The needs of such environments vary from IT infrastructure, design, development, testing, etc. Retailers usually have limited resources with the required skill sets to manage this setup.
Get our best content on eCommerce and backend operations to optimize your distribution business for profitability in your inbox one time a week.
Moreover, the retailer has to concentrate on their core business. Too much time spent on IT which was supposed to add value to the business will in fact reduce the very value that it brings to the table. On the other hand, online platforms are the lifeline of retailers today and they need to be maintained and evolved over a period of time based on business needs.
It is common sense that a car needs regular service and maintenance to stay on the road. The same holds true for an eCommerce business as well. If the business falls behind in managing IT, then sooner or later, things will begin to fall apart and will have a negative impact on the business.
Security patches are released regularly. These and other patches have to be updated in the application. Failing to do so may cause IT outages, leading to productivity and revenue loss (not to mention the hit that the brand name will take).
Benefits of Magento Managed Services
Some common scenarios in Retailers IT department are:
- The in-house person has suddenly left the company and there is an immediate issue to be resolved.
- The in-house team does not have the necessary skill to resolve the issue.
- The development and implementation has been completed but the retailer is not happy with the implementation partner.
- Regular patches and updates are released and these have not been updated due to lack of resource.
- Upgrades are pending as it requires high level of varied technical skills.
The above are just sample scenarios and at times it brings the business to a standstill. This is where Magento Managed Services comes in.
The benefits of Magento Managed Services are:
- Reduction of TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Increased operational efficiency
- Access to skilled resources on need basis
- Improved application stability
- Continuous improvements as per growing or changing needs of organizations.
- Eliminate Downtime and Increase Business Productivity
- Migrate and evolve applications more easily
- Choice of support and maintenance options allow you to choose what is best for your requirements
- Cost-effective access to enterprise-level support
- Allows businesses to focus on their core-competence and not technology
- Peace of mind that a managed services partner can be approached for IT solutions
‘Managed Services’ is not a fad but a philosophy and breaks away from ‘If it breaks, then I will fix it’ mindset.
A great managed services relationship has access to the technology team, regular communication, transparency and accountability. A true Magento Managed Services partner plays a strategic role in the growth of the retailer’s business.