Quickbooks is an accounting software program used to manage sales and expenses and keep track of day to day business transactions, like invoicing customers and paying bills. There are different products of QuickBooks like QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Enterprise and more.
QuickBooks integration allows us to take full advantage of the synergy between a Magento store and your offline business. This solution enables an automated data exchange between the systems and streamlines your business processes.
In this article, we will describe the steps for integrating QuickBooks Premier with Magento.
How To Integrate QuickBooks With Magento using Cloras?
QuickBooks communicates with Magento (both V 1.x and 2.x) through an XML-RPC web service and there are no files to install.
We must add an account for web services in Magento. This special login is different from our website admin username and password. To set up the web service login, follow these steps:
Creating a SOAP/XML Role
- In the Magento admin panel choose System > Web Services > SOAP/XML – RPC Roles
- Choose Add New Role
- In the Role Info tab create a Role Name and choose Save Role
- In the Role Resources tab change the Resource Access drop down option to ALL and then choose Save Role
Creating a SOAP/XML User
- In the Magento admin panel choose System > Web Services > SOAP/XML – RPC Users
- Choose Add New User
- Fill out the Account Information form generated. Both the User Name and the API Key are created by you.
- Then choose Save User.
- In the User Role tab allocate the User to the Role (you created earlier) and then choose Save User
In QuickBooks integration, we will use web services to synchronize simple products, customers, orders, and invoices information between our online store (Magento) and accounting package (QuickBooks). (Here we are using a third party QuickBooks WebService Connector called Connex). This is an one-way integration from Magento to QuickBooks.
There are four set-up steps:
- Create a Connex for QuickBooks account.
- Pair your connection.
- Pair your QuickBooks.
- Complete your settings.
To set-up an account, follow these steps:
- Register for an account at www.connexforquickbooks.com/account/register
- Enter a username and password.
From the connection drop down, choose the system to integrate with QuickBooks, like eCommerce store (Magento1 / Magento2).
Install Web Connector
In QuickBooks, log in as an administrator. Go to File and look for an option that says Update Web Services. If that option is missing, install the web connector.
Web Services Connection page
At My Connections page, set-up your connection and click Configure. If this is your first time setting up the connector, you’ll be asked to download a QWC file. This file contains your connection’s login data. It is used to pair QuickBooks and Magento. You must host the file on the remote server.
Pairing Connex on a remote server
- Open QuickBooks
- Login to QB as admin. Go to File > Update Web Services
- In the Web Connector, Go to File > Add “Add an Application”
- Navigate to the QWC file that you just downloaded.
- Click OK to authorize the web service:
- Select Yes, always even when the company file isn’t running.
- When the web connector appears, enter your Connex for QuickBooks password.
- Select autorun and how often you want the sync to run
- Select OK to save these settings and enable auto-run at a 30 or 60-minute interval.
When we complete the connection configuration, the data begins to sync from Magento to QB.
Hope this was useful. Feel free to write to us if you have any queries or comments.
Any integration is possible with a powerful eCommerce platform like Magento. Our experts are here to help you out.