What is Integration in Salesforce?
Integration is data sync between two or more applications. The sync can be one way or two-way sync. The critical objective of integration is to transfer data automatically. This way, employees can spend more time achieving their business goals, putting the right integrations in place doing the automated work.
Salesforce Inetgration with their other systems improves productivity and keeps the networks connected with each other. With in-built tools for integration, Salesforce is a true-essential.
Here are the key benefits of Salesforce Inetgration with other systems:
- Easy access to real-time data.
- Access all the data in one login.
- Convenient to end users instead of login into multiple systems for Information.
- Reporting is comfortable, which gives more detailed and relevant reports that will help them make better decisions and take the best actions.
- An integrated system also can enhance communication across teams.
- Increase the productivity of the organization.
For example, Integrating QuickBooks with Salesforce allows both systems to share financial data, customer account information, customer sales, and sales opportunities.
What does Salesforce integrate with?
Salesforce integrates with ERP, CRM, Social Media, Marketing applications, and other applications. In this blog, we are going to see in detail about Salesforce Inetgration with other systems and applications.
How to integrate with Salesforce?
Integration is complex and requires programming for each system. Many companies choose integration partners to perform the integration because they need to hire a full-time developer to complete the integration.
Salesforce Integration with any other application can be done using Salesforce API.
Also, Salesforce Integration can be achieved using third-party tools like Mulesoft, Cloras. But, before that, we need to follow the process for smooth Salesforce integration with other applications.
Things to be considered before a Salesforce Integration
- How often the information needs to move between the system
- API limits in Salesforce and Other Systems
- Type of Integration – Real-time or Batch
Salesforce ERP Integration
Netsuite with Salesforce Integration
Salesforce is an efficient tool for handling lead generation and tracking, whereas NetSuite is excellent in finance handling. By combining both these tools, brands gain numerous benefits.
Many organizations worldwide use NetSuite for resource planning, pricing, order control, and more. And Salesforce for analysis, lead closing, and so on.
Companies can seamlessly transfer data from Salesforce to Netsuite and vice versa after integration. However, synchronization of every Salesforce and NetSuite object is not essential in this case. There are many ways to integrate the two systems, but the most prominent of them are as follows.
- Using a custom integration adapter as a custom middleware based integration.
- Using a third-party integration service like Boomi AtomSphere, Actian, or Informatica.
- Creating Restlet web service-based integration using Netsuite and Salesforce API.
Keeping our business needs into consideration, the decision can be taken on which method to integrate the Salesforce and Netsuite.
Marketing Automation Integration
Mailchimp Salesforce Integration
No doubt, Salesforce is one of the best CRM. But it has certain limitations when it comes to mass mailing. As email marketing became an integral part of all marketing strategies, it needs a greater liberation for brands to carry out what they strategize. But with Mailchimp by the company’s side, wonders can happen. Let’s take a look at how Salesforce can be integrated into Mailchimp.
How to Integrate MailChimp With Salesforce?
The Salesforce Inetgration can be carried in any of the two ways: Via the app (or) With API
Integration via app way is a simple configuration of the app in Salesforce. Whereas the API needs custom code for integrations. Let’s delve more into understanding how Integration via an app can be done successfully.
1. Installation and Configuration of App in Salesforce
- Find the app at Salesforce AppExchange and install
- Once the installation is complete, add MailChimp sections to the lead/contact layouts (Setup > Leads/Contacts > Fields > Layouts)
- In Layout, go to the Visualforce Page.
- Drag and drop the MembershipContact section to the Layout, which was previously created by the MailChimp app you just installed.
- You need to add the MC subscriber field from the fields section in the Layout Designer (for professional and Group edition users).
- It also gives you the provision to alter the fields available in the search layout. You can do the same by navigating to Setup > Leads/Contacts > Fields > Search Layouts.
- Move the MailChimp subscription field to the Selected fields section.
- Click Save at the end of each step.
2. Configurations in MailChimp
- Sign up with your MailChimp Account
- Open the Accounts Panel from MailChimp
- Click on Integrations > Salesforce
- On clicking connect, a popup opens the Salesforce authentication login page.
- You will be automatically redirected to the integration page after login. If the screen shows you a success message, you get acknowledged for successful integration. Else, you have to repeat the above steps.
3. Import Contacts From Salesforce
After the successful integration of the two solutions, we have to import contacts and leads to MailChimp.
- Go to the List page in MailChimp
- Create a new list and then select Import in the drop-down next to the directory created.
- Click on the integrated services
- You will be provided with a list of services that you can integrate with MailChimp; click to select Salesforce
- The next step involves mapping the fields
- Import Fields setup and selecting the SFDC fields that are desired to be added
- Click on Import and map Salesforce fields with MailChimp list fields. Click on review and then continue the Import.
- Repeat the entire process if you desire a new list of different contacts.
Integrating a MailChimp account with Salesforce will give you an added edge of tracking options. It will provision your connected solutions to keep track of the subscribers. However, it is feasible only when you turn on tracking Member Activity or Campaign Stats under Salesforce tracking options. This is an added advantage of all the other campaign information synced with Salesforce in real-time. Any campaign member activity is attached as a note and can be managed via the Notes and attachment section in Salesforce.
Pardot with Salesforce Integration
Pardot is a marketing tool, and when Salesforce is integrated with, it can make our sales and marketing alignment for effective lead nurturing.
How to do Salesforce Inetgration with Pardot?
Install an appexchange package in Salesforce to connect with Pardot. Once the package is installed, make sure the user that you are going to use as a Salesforce connector user or Integration user meets the following criteria:
- Has Pardot Connector User permission set assigned
- Account, Contact, User, Campaign, Opportunity, and Lead Objects should have view-access permission for all.
- Next is to add the Pardot Information section to lead and contact page layouts to display Pardot specific fields.
- Add a Salesforce connector to your Pardot instance. In Pardot, navigate to Admin | Connectors | Add Connectors and select Salesforce.
- Select the option Connect to a Salesforce sandbox account to verify the connector. Enter Connector user or Integration user Salesforce credentials. Once the connection is successfully set up, you will get a few options to customize the connector.
- Select any of these options as per your business requirement to customize your Salesforce connector. Make sure to select Automatically creates prospects in Pardot if they are created as a Lead or Contact in Salesforce checkbox.
- Likewise, if you create a lead record (with an email address) in Salesforce, it will automatically get created in Pardot.
You can only have one CRM connector at a time in Pardot. If you have an existing CRM connector, then you will need to delete it before you can add a different connector.
The best practice to install the Pardot AppExchange package to a Salesforce production org and to connect it with a Pardot live instance is to install the Pardot AppExchange package to a Salesforce sandbox and combine it with your Pardot training org. Then, test the integration with the small amount of data.
Other Application Integrations with Salesforce
QuickBooks with Salesforce Integration
The best thing about Salesforce is, it fits for businesses of all sizes, and Quickbooks is the leading accounting software. Companies look for ways to connect these systems and make them work together to enhance efficiencies.
Integrating Salesforce with QuickBooks makes it easier to share financial data, check accounts, view customer sales, and opportunities.
When someone on the sales team enters customer details in Salesforce, the accounting department can create an invoice in QuickBooks without re-entering the data.
Salesforce – QuickBooks integration provides the following benefits:
- Access data in real-time, including expenses, orders, invoices, and sales history
- View customized reports with insights for better forecasting
- Create transactions, such as estimates, invoices, and sales receipts in one system
- Implement automated workflows without writing code
- Save time and prevent errors with single entry instead of entering in both systems
You can bring the mentioned data from the following fields in Salesforce into QuickBooks seamlessly.
- Opportunity Closed
And here are some fields you can sync from QuickBooks to Salesforce:
- Purchase orders
When sales enter Opportunities in Salesforce, the data can appear in QuickBooks as orders, invoices, estimates, or receipts. Invoices from QuickBooks show up in Salesforce Opportunities. Entering payments into QuickBooks will update the initial balance amount in Salesforce’s Opportunities.
How Salesforce Integration happens with QuickBooks?
The two options for QuickbBooks and Salesforce Integration are:
- QuickBooks Desktop’s Web Connector
- RESTful API in QuickBooks Online
- Third-Party Integration Tools
After successful QuickBooks and Salesforce Integration, your organization will appreciate not having to re-enter or copy-paste information repeatedly. It’ll also cut down data entry errors. Your teams will have more information about your customers, which will enhance customer service and support. Best of all, team members can spend more time on the application they know best: Salesforce for sales and QuickBooks for finance.
Integrate DocuSign with Salesforce
DocuSign is used as an eSignature and Digital Transaction Management platform in the world. It allows us to quickly pull data from Salesforce objects like Lead, Account, Contact, Opportunity, etc. They either sign documents online or send them out for signature directly from Salesforce. The signed documents are then returned to Salesforce and attached to the corresponding Salesforce records.
Step for Salesforce Integration with DocuSign: Go to the Salesforce AppExchange URL to install the DocuSign application and install the app in Salesforce.
Steps to perform after DocuSign installation:
- Go to App Setup Deploy Installed Packages, find the DocuSign for Salesforce Package, and then click the Configure button to start the configuration.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Configuring Docusign For Salesforce page.
- Enter the Email and password of the DocuSign Developer Account.
- Set the Environment for testing the connection.
- Click the login button.
- Enable a Salesforce connection to DocuSign; you must add DocuSign as a trusted network and connect your Salesforce account to DocuSign and add all four IP ranges as follows.
- A pop-up window with the Salesforce Network Access Trusted IP Range Edit window opens, and the IP range information is shown.
- Do not modify the IP range the range is populated automatically with the correct values for remote access to the DocuSign data centers.
- Close the Network Access pop-up window.
- Repeat the Add IP Range steps for each of the remaining Add IP Range buttons. After adding all four ranges, you will have the following IP ranges listed in Salesforce Network Access as Trusted IP Ranges:
– 126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52
– 184.108.40.206 through 220.127.116.11
– 18.104.22.168 through 22.214.171.124
– 126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52
- Now go to Connect DocuSign to Salesforce section and enter the following information:
- Enter the Salesforce Username and Password
- Select the Salesforce Environment for Sandbox.
- And then click the ‘Next’ button > click the Done button to connect with the DocuSign developer account.
How to do Salesforce Integration with Website?
Websites are created based on their business needs; they like to manage content management, sell products in eCommerce, and so on. The prime reason for the creation of websites varies from brand to brand. Due to the advent of technology, we have a variety of applications to fulfill business needs like WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla for content management. Magento, BigCommerce, Shopify Plus, and more for online stores.
There are inbuilt features in Salesforce to create the web to lead and web to the case. Also, we can integrate using the API integration or third-party integrations tools to transfer the data between Salesforce and the website.
Salesforce web-to-lead is the process of using a website form to capture visitor information and store that information as a new lead in Salesforce.
Follow the steps to create web-to-lead in Salesforce:
1. Go to set up > Customize > Leads > click on web-to-Lead and it will navigate to the web to lead page in Salesforce.
Here we can see the web-to-lead set enabled checkbox is checked. By default web to lead is allowed in Salesforce. And the default lead creator is the owner of the lead creator in Salesforce.
It further displays the System Administrator who created the Salesforce organization. Users can edit the owner of the default web to lead the creator and also can select the default Response template by clicking on the EDIT button.
2. Click on the “Create Web-to-Lead Form” button, and then you will navigate to the following screen:
Here you can see the familiar list of fields to display on the web to lead form including custom fields from Lead object. You can add or remove fields by using add and remove buttons. And also you can reorder fields by using up and down buttons.
Return URL and Language are mandatory fields you need to mention. Return URL is mentioned after the lead form is submitted, and this is the URL that the user will be directed to. It’s a good idea to set up a Thank You page, and Best Offers provided by your company to customers.
3. Next click on the Generate button and you will navigate to the following screen.
Salesforce creates HTML code you can insert directly into your website. Take that code and do customization to that code according to your requirements. You can add your company logo, and you can do additional customization to that HTML code. Once you have done customization to this code, you can place this code in your website.
You can see list leads that you got from Salesforce web-to-lead by clicking on the leads tab in Salesforce.
Salesforce Integration with Contact Form 7
Contact Form 7 used as the contact forms in websites. It can manage multiple contact forms and you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. Salesforce is used to manage the leads.
To integrate we need a plugin ‘Contact Form 7 Salesforce CRM Integration’ that makes it really simple to send your Contact Form 7 forms directly to your Salesforce. After the integration submitted forms are automatically added as lead, contact or case to the Salesforce account.
Steps to install the plugin:
- Plugin installation in wordpress
- Go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin.
- Upload Contact Form 7 – Salesforce CRM – Integration plugin zip file.
- Activate it after the upload is complete.
- Create connected app in Salesforce CRM
- CRM Integration setting in contact Form
– Go to the Contact Form 7 -> Integration.
– Find Integration with Salesforce CRM and click the button Go to setup..
– Enter the Consumer key (Salesforce Connected App consumer key)
– Enter the Consumer secret (Salesforce Connected App consumer secret)
– Enter the username of your account Salesforce CRM.
– Enter the password of your account Salesforce CRM.
- Form Settings
– Go to Contact Form 7 and open the form which you want to send to Salesforce CRM
– Open tab Salesforce CRM
– Set checkbox – Enable > send the lead
– Choose the type of a lead that will be generated in CRM (Lead, Contact, Case)
– Fill fields for the selected type and click the Save button.
Elevate and empower your brand with the right Salesforce Integration that improves user experience and achieves maximum efficiency. If you need any Salesforce Integration, the ones mentioned above, or anything else, you are just a step away from contacting DCKAP Salesforce Experts to cater your integration needs – Get in touch!