Sometimes the best way to sell your product is to give it away – in the form of a sample.
It is a strategy that can be employed by virtually all industries to connect with customers and is effective both for introducing new products and encouraging the increased consumer consumption of established products.
Customers love samples. In B2B market where bulk orders are the norm, it gives them opportunity to “try before they buy.” They don’t have to spend money on something new before figuring out if they will like it or not.
‘Sample Request for B2B‘ extension for Magento addresses this need.
Using Sample Request module, Customer/Guest can request sample of a product before purchasing in bulk. This module provides an easier and prominent way for the administrators/site owners to gain trust from the customers.
- Admin can restrict the sample request option to specific products.
- Notifies customer via email when the sample request is placed and also when it is processed / completed / rejected. Also notifies the admin when new sample request is placed.
- Customers can view their requested samples along with the status of their request.
- Provides detailed statistical analysis on sample requests based on
- Customer Groups
- Total Requests Placed
- Total Requests Converted into Orders
- Admin can place a sample request on any product on behalf of the customer.
- Provides the Requests Conversion Rates – this helps the site owners to take the decision on approving / rejecting the sample requests in future orders.
- Tracks the orders converted from completed sample requests and maintains a record of them for analysis.
- Captcha available for better security when user/customer requesting samples
Requests Conversion Rates
Request Conversion Rate is the percentage of total requests converted into orders per total requests placed. Three types of conversion rates are available…
- Total Conversion Rate – requests placed by both customers and guests
- Customer Conversion Rate– requests placed by customers
- Guest Conversion Rate– requests placed by guests
Status of Sample Requests
The above graph displays the status of the sample requests placed. Separate statuses are available for both customer and guest.
Customer Requests vs Guest Requests
The above graph displays the total sample requests placed by customers and guests. It is used to identify the user group placing maximum sample requests.
Sample Requests vs Converted Orders
The above graph displays the sample requests that converted into orders and ones that were not converted.
Total vs Completed Requests vs Converted Orders
The graph below indicates the variations among total sample requests placed, sample requests completed and the requests which converted into orders for the period of past 12 months.
Top 5 Requested Samples
The above graph lists the top 5 sample products requested by users.
Top 5 Converted Samples
The above graph lists the top most 5 sample products that converted to orders.
Benefits of Sample Request for B2B Extension
When implemented ‘Sample Request for B2B’ helps to
- Raise awareness
- Get feedback and reviews
- Makes people feel a closer connection to the company
- Increase chances of immediate sales
- Make shoppers feel more confident
In the end, Sample Request for B2B extension has a great ROI, provides richer knowledge about customers/guests and builds a stronger bond between your company and the people who buy your products.