Many SMBs, manufacturers, and distributors across industries use SAP Business ONE as their ERP to power up their complete Digital Distribution at the backend. Using ERPs allow them to handle every possible verticals of business under one roof. To be precise, SAP B1 provides ERP-solution to many verticals, including the end-to-end business management, goods distribution, production planning, inventory management, accounting, order information, and customer relationship management.
On the other hand, witnessing the happening B2B commerce ecosystem, it’s quite uncommon to see many are using Shopify as their eCommerce platform at the front. Shopify, in a number of effortless ways, allows companies to start an online store for the consumers to get their needs done with just a few clicks/taps from their devices.
Nevertheless, data transfer between Shopify and ERP systems like SAP Business ONE never seems to be easily achieved because it’s still done manually by human intervention. Such hectic processes eat up a whole lot of time and productivity from resources and are vulnerable to mishaps as well.
The purpose of this article is to shed some light on the perks of integrating SAP Business ONE with Shopify.
Overall benefits of the Integration
Integrating Shopify and SAP Business ONE results in the few unparalleled benefits, a few are listed below, to both the company and the customers.
- Real-time, bi-directional data transfer using access tokens, loggers, and mappers.
- Increased productivity from resources
- Scalable and flexible across sales channels
- Reduced setup time, thanks to our turnkey integration solutions.
- Reduction in error rate and vulnerability
- Unparalleled Data Accuracy and Business Efficiency
- Increased efficiency of the systems in product management, inventory management, and order management.
- Improved Customer satisfaction by sending automatic updates on each stage of order fulfillment.
Data Synchronization Possible
There are a myriad of data available to be transferred between the SAP Business ONE and Shopify; however, below are few major synchronizations possible.
- New and Registered Customer – Contact information, Account details, Billing, Address and other details all will be Synchronized back and forth from Shopify to SAP Business One.
- Existing Customer details available within the SAP Business One can be uploaded to Shopify as new Customer accounts.
- Customer data can also be captured from Shopify to SAP ERP system.
- New products created in Shopify will be downloaded in Master of SAP Business One.
- Products Existing in Shopify and SAP Business One can also be mapped properly.
- SAP Business One Item entries can also be uploaded to Shopify and can be enlisted within Shopify Product Category.
- Product details updated in either of the systems will be synchronized in real-time.
- Item in stock and out of stock will be synchronized between SAP Business One and Shopify, thus avoiding an exhausted customer seeing the unavailable product.
- Not only stock details, but also product bundles, shared catalogs, and lot more can be roped in from the ERP.
- All orders regardless of the devices shall be instantly updated to SAP Business ONE as sales orders.
- In case of orders from Guest customers, the connector allows SAP B1 to process Draft sales orders, guest validation, and approval processes.
- Enables quick and easy order processing which shortens Order Fulfillment Cycle and ensures Customer Satisfaction.
- Sending delivery status, tracking codes and other notifications can be achieved in a breeze provided data sync is in place.
- Synchronization of online payment information as Incoming Payment within SAP Business One along with sales order.
- Helps the Merchants to check whether payment is successful or not.
- Incoming payment in SAP B1 ensures proper accounting entry against online payment within ERP.
- Order shipment information along with Shipment Tracking details can also be synchronized to and forth between Shopify and SAP B1.
- Real-time order processing and shipping updates to consumers.
- Shipping and Tracking information can also be integrated between the two systems to eliminate the need for manual data entry and increase the efficiency of order processing.
A universal connector is used to fetch and deliver data between the two platforms. Thanks to our extensive expertise in both the platforms that allowed us to build an effective solution for establishing the integration.
This article just scratches the tip of the iceberg, and there are a plethora of possibilities that can be implemented. Hope this turned out to be useful.