Being present in both realms – B2B & B2C; Marysville Marine Distributors boasts of 100 product lines and a robust network of 5,000 dealers nationwide. They have a large spread system that provides generators, parts, accessories, and engines to marine distributors. Over the past 30 years, their mission has been to amalgamate the best customer service as well as the marine industry. Their collaboration with DCKAP began as the brand decided to re-platform their eCommerce systems using Magento 2.x Commerce Cloud edition with detailed feature implementations.
About Marysville Marine Distributors
- Design & development of B2B & B2C eCommerce website
- Re-platforming 3 sites from OpenCart to Magento as a multi-site implementation with already existing Live sites – MMD and MPS.
- Optimization of page load speeds
- Responsive design for better UX across devices
- Seamless checkout with the online shopping experience
- Automated Magento default transactional emails triggered
– Marysville Marine Distributors
– Marine Parts Source
- Keeping up with advancements introduced by Marysville Marine Distributors in the marine distribution industry by going online in 2002.
- Seamless migration to Magento 2 with the integration of the Epicor P21 system.
- Cater equally to B2B and B2C consumers.
- Implement a store that aligns with multiple locations across the country.
- Make the migration with PCI compliance and security intact
- Work on automation between two robust systems and help with optimization
- As the codebase was common for the site which was already live, we successfully found a way to re-platform the new open cart sites (3 sites) and integrate with the live site without having a major impact on the live database and coding structure.
- When it comes to live sites, the customers are typically categorized as B2B and B2C. However, we changed the logic to allow the customer to retain only one customer type without affecting the database.
- Our experts ensured that there is no customer duplication while migrating the data for new sites to Magento from OpenCart using the Lite extension. This is because similar customers and products can exist on the portal.
- The ISC site belongs to the Hybrid website category (comprising both B2B and B2C customers) which can now be handled with both customer types and their associated business logic.
The business requirements typically entailed migration requirements and smooth experience for both- their B2B and B2C platforms. Here are the solutions we provided:
We implemented a global customer login to allow customers to login between any of the 5 sites with a common account based on B2B and B2C.
Script merged with customer data
We prepared a script to merge the customer data with a single business type- either B2C or B2B based on client requirements.
Script with multiple condition arrays
Script implemented with multiple condition arrays to check the existing customers and products, based on which we can avoid duplicate entry between the sites.
Attributes & Attribute sets configuration
This was retained from the Magento 1 set-up for Magento 2.
Registration forms were made differently for both B2B and B2C- with both online and offline sync.
ElasticSearch was integrated in such a way such that the users can look up products using attributes, synonyms & stop words for both B2B and B2C websites. We also integrated search auto suggestions with functionality in the search input box.
Implement the same menu navigation using mega menu in Magento 2.x. for both B2B & B2C websites.
Product Listing Page
Intoduced filter options and categories along with price messages for saving time on the B2B website and a list view of product titles for the B2C website.
Product detail page
For B2B, the house inventory and substitute product details were made available and location centric inventory details were also presented.
For B2C, more details were integrated with a spec sheet tab, attribute data, product descriptions and reviews tab.
Checkout & Payments system
We used the two step checkout method that was used in Magento 1 as well. The second step was integrated for review and payments for B2B. For B2C, a seamless checkout process was set up.
For B2B, the integrated payment methods included store credit, credit card and Net 30,45 and 60 with the help of P21 integration. For B2C, a robust system with PayPal gateway was made available for both credit cards and checkout.
ShipperHQ is the shipping solution we went for. B2B users could use UPS options, international shipping options, FedEx options, LTL freight as well as delivery. For B2C, we made multiple options available along with configurations from ShipperHQ.
For tax-exempt B2B users, a feature was made for manual sync. It was made convenient for both- backend and frontend functioning. As B2C customers are not tax-exempt; the table rates were configured in the backend.
3rd Party Integrations
- MailChimp – Marketing Automation Platform
- Coditso Linq – eBay marketplace Integration
- Quick order extension from the DCKAP store with B2B.
- Trust Pilot – Consumer Review Platform
- WordPress Integration for blogs
Digital Transformation Journey of Marysville
The power of Magento & P21 integration with CLORAS
Online & Offline Registration
The former was taken with the help of Magento to P21 while the second was done with P21 to Magento. This was made convenient on both frontend and backend for both user groups.
– Orders Sync [bidirectional]
For online orders sync, Magento to P21 was used for sync and then Ship IDS were created. P21 to Magento trigger sync was enabled for real time call and offline orders. On the other hand, customer sync was made available for B2C customers.
– Products and Inventory Sync
Both were made available for over 160k products with the help of P21 to Magento. CLORAS will also sync products for both B2B and B2C.
We also worked on order processing sync from P21 to Magento for seamless transactions and inventory synchronization.
These are the following metrics we wanted to work on and we helped achieve:
- Support 100 simultaneous customer users
- Support a minimum of 1000 customer users per day
- Support a minimum of 400 orders per day
- Support upto 20 simultaneous admin users. (It is dependent on Magento Cloud infrastructure)
Pages should be fully loaded within 3-5 seconds.
Here is a detailed analysis of the eSession with Marysville Marine Distributors.
Ryan Van Hoozer, Vice-President of Operations at Marysville Marine Distributors
“We did recently complete our transformation with DCKAP’s help this year migrating from our old website platform on Magento 1 to our new platform. The testimonials that we were able to find about DCKAP were all really positive, but more than anything else, their communication through that initial phase of investigation of different developers, everything was just top notch that really stood out in the fact that they provided feedback quickly, they were very responsive to our questions, they were clear about what they could do with limitations there might be for what we were looking for. DCKAP was really great!”
*The insights are confirmed with Google Analytics.
Page load time
Avg time users spent on page