Robertson Worldwide is an Industry Leader in Magnetic and Electronic Lighting Ballasts. It is based in the United States and has been an industry leader ever since its inception in 1948. They are known for producing a top-notch repository of Magnetic and Electronic Lighting Ballasts, Ballast Customization, Ballast for Every Application, LED Drivers, HID Kits, Compact Fluorescent Ballasts, Ballasts for Retrofitting, Energy Efficient Lighting Ballasts, Power Conversion & Protection Equipment, Electronics, Manufacturing. The experts here ensure that the consumers receive intricately tested products created with their knowledge and unparalleled supervision.
- The existing M2 website with Magento 2.2.2 had lots of bugs and workflow gaps which lead to a lot of manual work for the business.
- Customer registration & checkout flow was the main gap in their workflow logic.
- While their sales on different dissemination channels were still high, their site traffic was very low. Their online sales were lower in terms of traffic.
- The search bar was not exactly intuitive for customers to search for products that match their needs the best.
- Overall, we wanted to fix the issue of website performance as it was really slow and it was a major block for the website’s growth.
DCKAP’s Journey with Robertson Lighting
Our main deliverables:
- Website redesign with Magento 2.3.1 with a better and intuitive homepage as well as a concise product page.
- Algolia Integration to make the search performance better.
- This helped us since the website had a host of product combinations along with multiple attribute combinations too.
- These attribute combinations might change from time to time for each product, hence having a handy integration tool can help the client update much more seamlessly.
- Algolia helped to generate cloud-based search URLs and link it to the menu navigation options and in search result pages.
- Account Registration flow to address different account types.
- This customization helped in differentiating registration based on customer groups like End User, Distributors, as well as distributors with terms.
- Ensuring a process flow for customization in accordance to address state and account type-wise shipping logic and cost calculation.
- This helped in a more efficient tariff calculation for items shipped from outside the US.
- Shipping methods restriction is based on the location validation whether it is 48 contiguous states or islands.
- Avalara Tax implementation for tax calculation.
Avalara integration was implemented to automate
tax management duties since a lot of geographical locations were involved.
- Stripe Payment method for online payments.
Stripe Payment allows store owners to accept popular currencies and credit card types.
- PCI compliance
The website was made PCI Compliant to enhance security for consumers by setting guidelines. It ensures the systems are secure, and customers can trust the website with their sensitive payment card information; trust leads to customer confidence and repeats customers.
- SEO Compliance
The website was made SEO compliant by performing an SEO audit and fixing SEO issues which helps it rank better as consumers search for products relevant to our client.
- Sales Increase: UI Improvements and SEO compliant practice helped increase user traffic by 66% and revenue by 78%.
- Site Speed and responsiveness: The site is working seamlessly in all browsers and across all mobile devices and the Pingdom results show 2 seconds in load time.
- Workflow Improvements: This registration and checkout flow customization helped reduce the manual work of editing the information in the backend.