Many online businesses need help with challenges related to duplicated and inaccurate data, exacting manual processes, and the absence of two-way communication between systems used by different departments. If you are also tired of handling these issues between your Shopify or Shopify Plus ecommerce store and Sage ERP (enterprise resource planning) software, then we have the right solution for you!
Undoubtedly, companies need a faster and more efficient way to connect systems and automate their business process. So, it is the right time to know how Shopify erp integration, Shopify Sage integration , Shopify Epicor integration or Shopify Epicor P21 integration can help your business save time and money. Let us get started.
eCommerce and ERP: The Integrations You Choose Determine Your Success
ERP software is considered the backbone of a company that helps manage your day-to-day business processes. Sage ERP software, also known as Sage X3, a cloud-based enterprise software, handles many different core functions including HR (human resources), inventory management, accounting, CRM (customer relationship management), and others.
Shopify, a hugely popular ecommerce platform enables you to build an online store and sell through a single, streamlined dashboard.
When Shopify and Sage Talk to Each Other…
When you run your ecommerce business on Shopify, you are continually managing various dynamic parts including inventory, scheduling, shipping, accounts payable, and internal communication. The Sage ERP on the other hand may be involved in consolidating and handling resources, supply chain, procurement, personnel, etc.
You need to make sure the systems handling these processes are working together. Wondering why? Choosing the right integration can be a catalyst for your business’ success!
So, when you integrate your Shopify store at the frond-end with the Sage X3 ERP at the back end, you further streamline your planning and automate processes. This means maximizing productivity and minimizing inefficiencies!
8 Ways Shopify Sage Integration Can Bring More Value to Your Business
Here’s how ecommerce ERP integration can put your business on a pedestal!
- Ensures scalability without additional resources.
- Simplifies your inventory management by synchronizing availability and product stock.
- Improves sales order processing by reducing dependency on manual data entry.
- Reduces order and shipment errors, saving time and increasing throughput.
- Provides control over inventory through automatic updation and synchronization. Gives access to up-to-date, accurate information on inventory levels to customers.
- Helps send automatic notifications on order shipments to your customers.
- Ensures automated tax compliance and eliminates errors related to collection and rates.
- Supports marketing efforts (emails, offers, etc.) by targeting online sales promotions to high-value customers, resulting in increased profits.
Before You Go Ahead With eCommerce ERP Integration…
It is important that you first understand the following two things:
- The flow of data between Shopify and Sage ERP.
- How the data flow will take place after the completion of Shopify Sage ERP integration.
When mapping the flow of data and sources, consider these questions.
- What are your goals—improving customer experience, getting new customers, etc.
- Do you currently use EDI (electronic data interchange)? If yes, where will this interchange happen after ecommerce ERP integration?
- How will you handle your new customers?
- How will you manage offline customers who place orders online?
- How will you link online and offline accounts?
- How will your customer data and product data be loaded?
The main idea here is to dive in deeper to ask relevant questions. It is usually recommended that businesses use workflow diagrams for the mapping process. This will give you and your integration vendor visibility into your business processes, helping you chalk out a robust integration plan.
Additionally, when you work on your data migration and data synchronization plan for your business’s digital transformation, pay attention to how data will migrate between the systems.
- Real-time: Real-time synchronization is the mainstay of ecommerce ERP integrations. This is important when your data is time-sensitive and you handle a large number of transactions on a day-to-day basis.
- Batch-wise: This can be useful when your synchronization is not time-sensitive. However, it may require additional resources and time for processing
Some companies may also go for a combination of real-time and batch processing depending on their data needs and resources.
Getting Started with Shopify Sage Integration in 5 Steps
- Identify the systems you want to integrate: This step is relatively straightforward here with Shopify and Sage as the choice of platforms. However, you can consider other apps and platforms as well that support your business.
- Pin down your critical data: Get clarity on what data is most critical for integration and prioritize it accordingly. Ensure data accuracy and timeliness. It can include data on various fields such as SKUs, customers, order information, finances, etc.
- List your inefficient, manual processes: Identify the processes (and their touch points) that you would want to eliminate or automate following Shopify Sage integration. Take into account how much time your team is spending on manual, repetitive tasks that are prone to human errors. For instance, if your team encounters a backlog of invoices in accounts payable, has issues with manual inventory, or spends hours closing the book.
- Consider the ROI: Consider the time, money, and resources utilized in your current manual processes as well as the total cost of ownership for integration and automation. Assess if you are losing money due to manual processes, lack of visibility, or delayed decision-making. Compare the benefits, scalability, and digitization capabilities to make the decision!
- Finally, decide your integration method: There are a few common ways to integrate your ecommerce platform and ERP software. To choose the right method, check if your ERP has any native integration capabilities, if the ecommerce platform has any API, or if you would need a third-party integration platform. This point brings us to our next section.
Shopify Sage Integration: Strategies and Methods
Here are some ways to integrate Shopify and Sage X3
Integration using APIs
Many software solution providers offer APIs (application program interfaces) for integration. In some cases, even the developers or IT teams can build their own APIs for integration and streamlining the communication between Sage and Shopify. However, this approach is technically complicated as well as resource and time-consuming.
Integration tools from vendors
Many vendors provide their own integration solutions for connecting applications. However, these solutions are inflexible and only include common use cases, leaving little or no room for customization.
Note: Shopify has launched a Global ERP program which includes a suite of certified ERP apps that directly integrate with the Shopify store. It has partnered with Microsoft, Oracle NetSuite, Infor, Acumatica, and Brightpearl to help high-volume merchants connect ERP systems with commerce capabilities. For example, NetSuite Connector or Infor eCommerce Connector. However, this program does not yet include Sage.
Third-party integration middleware software
Some vendors specialize in integration platforms of any kind and middleware helps establish those seamless integrations. iPaaS also known as a middle platform is a cloud-based, cost-effective, and flexible solution that can connect Shopify and Sage without much hassle. Its cloud technology provides data security, flexibility, and scalability to businesses, even if you intend to add and sync more applications in the future.
iPaaS such as DCKAP Integrator ensures better ROI than other methods due to its high-level customization capabilities and scalable architecture. In addition, it is low-code, offers ease of use, and has pre-built templates for effective and seamless connectivity.
Why Use DCKAP Integrator for Shopify Sage Integration
Here’s how DCKAP Integrator can simplify Sage Shopify integration.
Improved access to data
Integrating Shopify and Sage ensures a single source of truth. It means that you are receiving critical data in one place in real-time to make faster and smarter decisions. Undoubtedly, integration eliminates data silos.
When all of the data is consolidated in one place, your teams have easy and quick access to the information they need. They no longer waste time reconciling data from different sources and hence save time, which can be utilized on other value-added tasks and goals.
Better user experiences
In digital commerce, there is no scope for loose ends as you may lose out on potential customers and businesses. Automated processes and increased productivity will enhance your user experience with automated payments, shipment tracking, faster order updates, and much more.
Integrated digital commerce streamlines your business processes and makes monitoring easy. Whether it’s order tracking or accounting, the process visibility increases, improving efficiencies.
Reduced operational cost
A robust Shopify Sage integration means you are a step ahead in managing your inventory in real time. This means you don’t have a costly surplus but still manage high demands
Shopify ecommerce store and Sage X3 ERP can work in isolation but won’t add the much-needed value to your business to succeed. Shopify sage integration, if done right, can help you stand out from the competitors, improve your productivity, open new business opportunities, and save time and money. Choosing DCKAP Integrator as your trusted partner can help you streamline your ecommerce ERP integration journey!