What is Shared Catalog?
In B2B eCommerce, there are cases when a particular company or a group of users might be entitled to receive a discount and other might not. In these cases, it would be impossible for the administrator to individually fix the price of a particular product to a particular user/company. In order to overcome these hassles, Magento 2 has come up with Shared Catalog.
Shared Catalog allows the administrator to set special rules or custom pricing for different companies/group of users. In addition, it allows admin to configure the visibility of categories and products.
Types of Shared Catalog
A Public shared catalog is the default shared catalog that will be displayed, at the storefront, to guest or Not-logged-in customers. Furthermore, this catalog is the one that will be visible to the guest and logged-in customers who aren’t associated with a company. It’s automatically created during the installation of B2B commerce. However, only one public shared catalog can exist at a time.
Get our best content on eCommerce and backend operations to optimize your distribution business for profitability in your inbox one time a week.
A Custom shared catalog is visible only to logged-in associates of the assigned company account(s). Magento allows you to create n number of custom shared catalogs, per the requirement. The admin can assign a custom shared catalog to specific companies.
Step 1: Create a Shared Catalog
To create a shared catalog:
- Enable the Shared_Catalog Module.
- Go to admin panel, select the Shared Catalog menu.
- Go to Catalog → Shared Catalogs.
- Click on Add Shared Catalog.
- Enter the name of the catalog.
- Choose the type as “Custom”.
- Next, click on Save.
Step 2: Configure Product to Shared Catalog
To configure the product(s) for the particular shared catalog:
- Goto Catalog → Shared Catalogs
- In Shared Catalogs list, Select the option which you want to perform.
- Under the Catalog Name (e.g, DCKAP_Catalog), Select the option “Set Pricing and Structure”.
- Then click on Configure.
- Select the Product(s) or select All and click Next.
- Here you can customize the price. Then click on Generate Catalog.
- Finally click Save.
- Now the shared catalog with configured products
Step 3: Assign the catalog to Company/User
To assign the shared catalog to a particular company/user:
- Go to the list of customers and select the particular user/company whom you wish to edit.
- Click on the Group and select anyone from the drop-down list.
Thus the Shared catalog has been created and assigned to a particular company/user successfully.