WordPress is the most famous blogging tool available today. It is also a powerful content management system which you can use for more than just blogging. You can build a powerful business website using WordPress. There are 10 main reasons why WordPress is excellent for small business websites.
1. The first reason for WordPress is it is free to use and is only a one click installation in your hosting package. There are no fees for using WordPress and you can create a site with the same ease of choosing a template or adding content.
2. The designers of WordPress kept the end user in mind. Technical skills are not required like knowing HTML, CSS or any other computer coding. Even a first time computer user can install and update content because it is straightforward and easy to use.
3. Because WordPress is blogging software you can publish content with ease. The content can take different forms like articles, news, specials, tips or anything else that has to do with your small business. In turn the search engines will index your content and send traffic back to your website
4. You will find a WordPress website to be fast and fully searchable. If you add a search box to your website visitors will go to your post and articles archive and find the required information
5. You will now find a static home page on WordPress websites where the company’s main message is displayed front and center for your visitors. You can assign the blog section to any other page and give it any name you want like blog, news, specials or events.
6. A small business owner can choose from any one of the many WordPress templates and can use it as it is or modify it so it looks and feels like it is in line with his business. The best part is that no content is lost when the templates are changed and you can use the preview option to check on how the new template will look before agreeing to a change.
7. The size of your WordPress business website, small or large, depends upon you. Your WordPress website can be one page long or it can have a complicated navigation system with menus that display, sections, subsections, and sub – subsections etc. This means that you can expand your WordPress at will
8. Plug-ins and widgets support the WordPress websites and help with SEO functions, advertising, form creation, spam control, menus and lots more. Their creators support the plug-ins and widgets which are free to use.
9. Once you have made your WordPress go online you can edit it from any computer anywhere in the world. So the small business owner can add, modify or delete content anywhere, anytime. The services of a web designer are not needed for making small changes to your business website.
10. All the data from your WordPress website can be backed up. So if you should have a disaster with your current hosted version of your website, you can still recover your valuable data. And if you choose to you can even move your entire website to another web host service
As you have just seen even though WordPress was originally meant to be a platform for blogging you don’t have to use it only as a blogging tool. You can use it run your website with or without a “blog.” Your website gets many advantages from using WordPress. You can use it for easy publishing and to change the content. And if you want your search engine rankings to be good you need fresh unique content. You WordPress website is a content management system that takes care of all your needs like updating your website.