I am not sure whether your strategy of preparing things syncs with mine. Though, I would like to share a few things with you that I have followed and which helped me in passing the certification. I hope that this will support your preparation, if you are planning to take the Magento 2 Solution Specialist Certification soon.
Let’s not discuss “What is the purpose of this Certification” or “Whom it is meant for” (Blah, Blah, Blah), as there are a heap of sources which tell you that. Let’s get into the preparation directly.
Areas to lookup:
Ecommerce – 08 Questions
Magento Architecture – 13 Questions
Magento Admin and StoreFront – 18 Questions
Business and Applications – 08 Questions
Catalog – 13 Questions
Total = 60 Questions
Duration = 90 minutes
Pass Percentage = 67 or above
- Swift Otter Guide – This is similar to practicing “அ/A” on a blackboard when we started our education. So this guide is only a footpath, and we will still have to construct our road to success over it.
- Magento 2 Official Docs – This is the material that is going to firm our construction. For every topic you see in the Swift Otter guide, just navigate to the official document to get a clear understanding of the respective concepts. Please only concentrate on the test-related areas. Another advantage of reading an official document is that you might have some key points mentioned, some of which might be asked in the examination directly.
Some of the main Topics that I covered in Magento 2 Docs are:
- Explore and Practice Magento Enterprise – Theory is never enough. Working with multiple Magento Enterprise Cloud projects eased me into finding out what exactly Magento has on its plate. I would recommend that you install a vanilla Magento Enterprise 2.3.x and explore all the features that Magento has on its plate and get familiar with it.
- Google – This test involves a lot of business laws like PCI, GDPR, VAT, etc. So find some external online sources to have a clear understanding of all of them – eCommerce VAT – Europe Guide, Magento GDPR, and also search for references of other general concepts on the topic until you are more familiar with it.
- Take Swift Otter Practice Test – This will help you analyze the parts where you are lagging and help you identify where you need to concentrate more. The practice test won’t be similar to the actual exam, but it will feed you some confidence. (Take this test only after you are done with the preparation because trying the test before the preparation just to test yourself could break your confidence.)
- Other Practice Questions (Optional) – Since the test not only focuses on Magento but also the concepts of eCommerce and Business, it would be helpful to go through the available Magento 1 Solution Specialist Questions to predict the type of questions that will be asked in the real exam. If you are doing this, please make sure you are not getting confused about the features of Magento 1 and 2.
And, that’s it! Get ready to crack your Magento 2 Certified Solution Specialist Exam. Feel free to comment below if you have any further questions or doubts. We’re happy to answer your queries and you can also hire our Magento Developers to solve your business problems.