Marysville Marine Distributors
B2B and B2C Implementation with Magento and ERP Integration
About Marysville Marine Distributors
Being present in both realms – B2B & B2C; Marysville Marine Distributors boasts of 100 product lines and a robust network of 5,000 dealers nationwide. They have a large spread system that provides generators, parts, accessories, and engines to marine distributors. Over the past 30 years, their mission has been to amalgamate the best customer service as well as the marine industry. Their collaboration with DCKAP began as the brand decided to re-platform their eCommerce systems using Magento 2 Commerce Cloud edition with detailed feature implementations.
- Design and development of B2B and B2C eCommerce website
- Replatforming three websites from OpenCart to Magento as a multi-site implementation with already existing live websites
- Optimization of page load speed
- Responsive design for better UX across all devices
- Seamless checkout for a better shopping experience
- Automated Magento default transactional emails triggered
- Keeping up with advancements introduced by Marysville Marine Distributors in the marine distribution industry by going online in 2002
- Seamless migration to Magento 2 with the integration of the Epicor P21 system
- Cater equally to B2B and B2C consumers
- Implement a store that aligns with multiple locations across the country
- Make the migration with PCI compliance and security intact
- Work on automation between two robust systems and help with optimization
- Manual Data Entry was time consuming, tedious, and repetitive
- ERP and eCommerce were disconnected systems earlier
- As the codebase was common for the site which was already live, DCKAP successfully found a way to re-platform the new open cart sites (3 sites) and integrate them with the live site without having a major impact on the live database and coding structure.
- When it comes to live websites, the customers are typically categorized as B2B and B2C. However, DCKAP changed the logic to allow the customer to retain only one customer type without affecting the database.
- Our experts ensured that there is no customer duplication while migrating the data for new sites to Magento from OpenCart using the Lite extension. This is because similar customers and products can exist on the portal.
- The ISC site belongs to the Hybrid website category (comprising both B2B and B2C customers) which can now be handled with both customer types and their associated business logic.
- Connected P21 ERP with Magento because automation helps eliminate manual data entry and reduce the time spent on repetitive tasks, enabling businesses to reallocate resources where they need them most.
The business requirements typically entailed migration requirements and smooth experience for both- their B2B and B2C platforms.
Here are the solutions DCKAP provided:
Codebase Implementation: DCKAP implemented a global customer login to allow customers to login between any of the 5 sites with a common account based on B2B and B2C.
Script Merged with Customer Data: Prepared a script to merge the customer data with a single business type- either B2C or B2B based on client requirements.
Script Condition with Multiple Condition Ways: Script implemented with multiple condition arrays to check the existing customers and products, based on which we can avoid duplicate entry between the sites.
Attributes and Attribute Set Configuration: These were retained from the Magento 1 set-up for Magento 2.
Customer Registration: Registration forms were made differently for both B2B and B2C- with both online and offline sync
Products Search: ElasticSearch was integrated in such a way that the users can look up products using attributes, synonyms & stop words for both B2B and B2C websites. DCKAP also integrated search auto-suggestions with functionality in the search input box.
Menu Navigation: Implement the same menu navigation using the mega menu in Magento 2 for both B2B & B2C websites.
Product Listing Page: Introduced filter options and categories along with price messages for saving time on the B2B website and a list view of product titles for the B2C website.
Products Detail Page: For B2B, the house inventory and substitute product details were made available and location-centric inventory details were also presented. For B2C, more details were integrated with a spec sheet tab, attribute data, product descriptions, and reviews tab.
Checkout and Payments System: DCKAP used the two-step checkout method that was used in Magento 1 as well. The second step was integrated for review and payments for B2B. For B2C, a seamless checkout process was set up. For B2B, the integrated payment methods included store credit, credit card, and Net 30, 45, and 60 with the help of P21 integration. For B2C, a robust system with a PayPal gateway was made available for both credit cards and checkout.
Shipping: ShipperHQ is the shipping solution DCKAP chose. B2B users could use UPS options, international shipping options, FedEx options, LTL freight as well as delivery. For B2C, we made multiple options available along with configurations from ShipperHQ.
Taxation: For tax-exempt B2B users, a feature was made for manual sync. It was made convenient for both- backend and frontend functioning. As B2C customers are not tax-exempt; the table rates were configured in the backend.
ERP Integration with DCKAP Integrator
Check out the workflows DCKAP Integrator connected between Magento 2 and Prophet 21 to help Marysville save their business time, avoiding bumpy roads, reduce costs, and eliminate data errors.
- Customer Sync: Magento 2 <> P21 ERP
- Products Sync: P21 ERP to Magento 2
- Inventory Sync: P21 ERP to Magento 2
- Order Sync: P21 ERP to Magento 2
- Offline Order Sync: P21 ERP to Magento 2
- Order Processing Sync: P21 ERP to Magento 2
- Dynamic Fetch Customer: P21 ERP to Magento 2
DCKAP Integrator automated workflows to provide the best possible experience for Marysville’s customers and employees alike. This way, the process has now been streamlined, accessible, quicker, and more real-time. The synced data helps identify immersive processes and workflows to give valuable insights into how to optimize data for the betterment of the business. With critical data connected at both ends without any hassles and in real-time, the employees can rest assured about data migration without the need to daily do manual data entry and matching work, which would eat up a lot of time.
These are the following metrics DCKAP helped to achieve:
- Support 100 simultaneous customer users
- Support a minimum of 1000 customer users per day
- Support a minimum of 400 orders per day
- Support upto 20 simultaneous admin users. (It is dependent on Magento Cloud infrastructure)
*The insights are confirmed with Google Analytics.
Page load time
Avg time users spent on page