Choosing the right eCommerce platform is important for any B2B/B2C business. We’re here to help you out with our eCommerce services. Get in Touch.
According to cumulative reports across the industry, the website interface, content, colors, and every other field that contribute to user experience accounts for the majority of conversions happening. That said, how do you come up with the perfect combination of every aspect of a website? The solution is A/B testing.
A/B testing is one of the simplest, convenient, and, of course, cost-effective ways of determining the answer for the question “Do the customers really like your ECommerce website/business?”.
A/B Testing has become a buzzword which most don’t need a definition to start with. But still, let us take a deep dive and understand what exactly A/B test is all about and how to A/B test your Magento store and earn greater conversions and revenue.
What is A/B Testing?
It is an approach to test the hypothesis with your customers by creating two or more versions of a page and measuring the response thereby resulting in a significant improvement in the conversion rate to achieve business goals.
How does A/B Testing work?
For a particular page, say a product category page, you come up with two various designs, content and type of images. Let’s take the first version as A (Control) and the second version as B (Variant).
Version A is shown to 50% of site visitors and Version B is shown to another 50%. Whichever version yielded better visibility, reduced bounce rate, or increased conversion, and thus revenue, is declared as the likeable version. This version is then pushed to all the 100% of visitors. Now, this becomes the new Control version and the next thing to do is step up the game by designing a new variant, which indeed should be better.
Why A/B Test?
There are a lot of reasons to do A/B testing for a Magento Store.
- To learn more about your customers’ likes and dislikes.
- To Get a better understanding of what needs to be improved or changed.
- To improve the Key Performance Indicators
- To employ different Search Engine Optimization(SEO) practices
Key strategies that can be A/B tested
- User interaction & Interface plays a vital role in improving the conversion rates
- Images – Try out different variants of images for your Magento store that provides more information about the products
- Font styles and sizes – likeable, attractive, yet simple-to-understand kind of text styles work better.
- Appropriate usage of wordings in the Product pages makes a huge difference wherein you can try positive and negative tones
- Unique descriptions appropriate for your product can be an ultimate deciding factor whether or not the customer can buy the product
- Product reviews on the Product detail page or Product List page helps customers to narrow down their choice of selecting a product
- Intuitive navigation such as Drop-downs, menu helps you to find out how your customers find it easier to find their product at ease
- Find out what type of Offers and Promotions work well for your customers
- Optimizing mobile shopping experience– Keep your customers engaged to your Magento store by keeping your products view condensed and less scrolling
- Checkout process should be in few clicks and as quick and convenient as possible.
Extensions for Magento
There are quite a few extensions to perform A/B testing. Out of dozens out there in the market, we prefer the following for easiness and efficiency:
- A/B Testing by Amasty
- GoTop – A/B Test
- Blue Acorn Convert Experiments
Other tools for A/B Testing
- Google Analytics
Magento A/B testing provides an experimental way to narrow down the changes and to find out exactly what attracts your customers the most. This trial-and-error kind of testing helps in improving conversion rates and achieving business goals.
To sum things up, A/B testing your Magento store in different perspectives helps in increasing your brand image among your customers, creating a fan base, satisfying the customer, and so on.