Increased Conversions After Magento Version Upgrade And Magento Optimization.
About Element Vape
Element Vape is a progressive retail establishment in the electronic cigarette industry based out of California. With an uncompromising drive to exceed expectations, the Team at Element Vape is committed to providing the best possible shopping experience for their customers. Furthermore, they invested in a strict, industry-leading age verification system to verify every single order for youth prevention in accordance with the Federal Law.
How It All Started
With the Magento 1 End of Life date just around the corner, Element Vape decided on a Magento 2 Commerce Migration to avoid further performance degradation, which was likely to occur if they continued on M1. By switching to M2, Element Vape would also be able to offer engaging shopping experiences to their customers and deliver a smooth path to purchase. Additionally, they had a server related issue and wanted a better option. This is how the journey of Element Vape with DCKAP began.
There was a massive amount of data to transfer from the Element Vape Magento 1 website. DCKAP had to make sure that the Magento Commerce migration was smooth and had no data loss, and the migration had to be completed within the maintenance period window. Their orders and customer data was on a daily rise (in the thousands), and we had to ensure that all the data was migrated safely and securely. Even the native delta migration was a huge challenge due to the enormous amount of data. But, at the end of the day, doing this is what excites us and we’re glad that we were able to do it with ZERO data loss.
- Migrated over 2.2 million order records from M1 to M2
- Delta migration of 21,000+ orders during downtime
- Migrated 2,200,000+ orders records from M1 to M2.
- Delta migration of 21,000 plus orders during downtime.
- Migrated around 5000 products with all custom attributes, custom options, and quantity that were set up in using 3rd party extensions in the M1 website.
- Rewards Points are a significant factor that makes customers come back to shop. We had to make sure that all the earned reward points were migrated correctly to the new website.
- Rewards points of all 700,000+ customers were migrated and the customers were able to use these points smoothly.
- The existing server on which Element Vape was based on did not give optimal results as expected.
- DCKAP suggested adopting a more flexible and scalable solution and switched them over to using Nexcess as their prime server.
- The website handled 700-1,000 consecutive users at any given time.
- Suggestion to make this line to a single line
- With a complex age verification process in the checkout, we were still able to handle around 5-10 orders per minute.
- Since the products can be sold only to those who are above 18+ and 21+ years of age (differs from state to state), we strictly ensure that “only” the age verified customers could place the order.
- Veratad age verification is integrated with the system to ensure that.
- When a user (either a guest or a logged-in customer) purchases on the website for the first time, the Integration that DCKAP facilitated helps to verify the customer’s age using the below three steps:
- Verify age based on his/her address and other details entered in the checkout. Only if Veratad can verify the age based on this, by using its database, is the order approved.
- If the data is not verifiable (or valid), then the same is informed to the customer, and they are then requested to share their DOB and the last 4 digits of their SSN. If this data is verifiable by Veratad, only then can the order be approved.
- If both details are not sufficient, then the customer is requested to share their proof of ID, which Veratad attempts to automatically verify before proceeding with the order.
- If all the above scenarios fail, then the order will NOT be accepted by the website.
- Once the system verifies the customer (when logged in), the customer need not undergo all these processes for subsequent orders, thereby making it a low-effort shopping experience for the customer(s).
- Signifyd was integrated with the Element Vape online store. Signifyd is a SaaS-based, enterprise-grade fraud technology solution for eCommerce stores. It simplifies fraud detection through a financial guarantee, allowing businesses to increase sales while reducing fraud losses.
- Payment: Authorize.net was integrated as the payment gateway.
- Shipstation was integrated to ensure all the orders would be quickly processed. All orders get dynamically synchronized to Shipstation, where logistics agencies are tagged for each order, making the shipping process convenient for all the concerned entities involved.
- Reward Points: To maintain long term relationships with customers, for every new login, purchase, and referrals, customers are provided Reward points. Customers can then use these rewards for shopping.”
DCKAP made sure the website compiled with all the state laws that our clients operate in, relating to data, accessibility, and privacy. This ensures that there is more trust with the customers and users who use the website. This also keeps our client immune from lawsuits related to these areas.
Nevada SB 220
- Sales Increase: After going live, sales gradually increased and has now reached 2x their initial sales with website statistics showing an ongoing upward trend.
- Quick Load Time: The website was optimized to load within 3-4 seconds. This helped bring in more users and increase the conversion rates as well. Going with Nexcess’s Magento hosting solutions helped us achieve our goals and better responsiveness.
- No Crash on Black Friday and Cyber Monday: We helped our client handle enormous increase in site traffic and sales for both- Cyber Monday as well as Black Friday. On both these days, our site visitors doubled in number