Infusing Growth with BigCommerce and Bronto.
It is always a delight to work with eCommerce brands that are creating products for a certain demographic. Cateye America was one such project that DCKAP undertook. This entity is the leading manufacturer of cycle computers, reflectors, and lights- targeting the requirements of cyclists across the globe.
Founded nearly 80 years ago in the year 1946, the company was born in Osaka, Japan. This is perhaps where we can source back its love for innovation and technology. They are known for their progressive research and design, with in-house engineers. It is also a leading expert in retro-reflective molding. The primary aim behind approaching us was to list out a wide range of reflectors and plenty of other products to reach a much wider audience.
Cateye is also a provider of road safety reflectors and lighting solutions. When they came to us, they already had a platform, but it wasn’t yielding them the required results. Here is how we combined the power of DCKAP Integrator and BigCommerce to yield a better reach for their consumer base and get ongoing upward revenue trends.
- Customer email sync from BigCommerce to Bronto
- Migration from custom platform to BigCommerce
eCommerce: Cateye America had been running its eCommerce store on a custom-built platform and wanted to migrate to an easily manageable and robust platform. For this, we chose BigCommerce.
ERP Software: The company uses Acumatica – a scalable application purposeful for industrial distribution and for managing their back-end operations.
The company had its eCommerce platform on a custom-built platform. This stopped them from syncing with modern innovative technologies and also using the brilliant features offered by different eCommerce platforms. With the limitations on the platform, Cateye decided to go with BigCommerce – a leading e-Commerce software platform. Besides, these also were the challenges faced by the client that was hindering their growth:
- The major issue Cateye faced was the responsiveness across the website. They were looking to increase the usability for the customers.
- With the custom-built platform, Cateye was facing limitations in multiple functionalities- especially the search and checkout feature.
- One of the biggest challenges faced by our client was the syncing of customer email IDs to Bronto: An email marketing software. We used DCKAP Integrator to fix the problem of sending the IDs to Bronto, which the customer needed for their marketing strategy.
The main primary business requirements presented by Cateye were incorporating a new design to make the responsiveness of the website better, leveraging the default functionalities of BigCommerce to achieve better usability, migration from their custom platform to BigCommerce so as to get over the limitations, and better usage of their ERP system and support for their marketing strategy with the use of expert data flow.
The use of powerful and automated tools to manage the overall business workflow boasts so many benefits and companies are gradually shifting over to automation. So does a combined effort of eCommerce and email marketing platform Integration offers. Cateye collaborated with DCKAP Integrator to integrate their BigCommerce system with Bronto to focus on reaching and retaining their customers.
We primarily helped the client migrate their entire setup from their customer eCommerce platform to BigCommerce. This helped them enhance their listing, and made customer usability much easier with a more efficient search and checkout system. DCKAP also helped Cateye migrate the customer email IDs to Bronto using DCKAP Integrator.
1. Customer Email Sync: The up-to-date user emails were synced to Bronto. Emails in the newsletter in the footer or the newsletter signup pop-up, customer registration, and guest order were synced to Bronto using DCKAP Integrator.
2. Introducing different functionalities: We integrated BigCommerce’s default search behavior and single page Checkout. Likewise, numerous default functionalities have been incorporated into the site which could have been unachievable with the existing platform.
3. Key Takeaways: With this project, we successfully utilized the beneficial features of BigCommerce to increase the website usability for the targeted consumer base of Cateye. The idea was to ensure that both search and checkout options were used efficiently. DCKAP also used our product, DCKAP Integrator, to set up a data flow that was required to fulfill the marketing strategy based on the customer data of the client.
Benefits of BigCommerce and Bronto Integration
With a real-time data transfer of customer information, it is easy to maintain customer profiles that also help big-time in marketing their products. Also, it is convenient to mail their customers and to keep them always in the loop of the brand’s happenings. Doing all this substantially increases the chances of elevating customer relationships which thereby impacts sales.